Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 2013

While Soph was at a middle school dance, Lola and I headed to Evansville for some Christmas shopping.  We had Krispy Kremes for supper!



This was my first attempt at making these delicious Oatmeal Lace cookies that I found on Pinterest.  Didn't quite turn out like the Pinterest pic. 

HOWEVER, I did eventually get it right.  They were the best cookies I have ever made.



My mother-in-law and father-in-law gave me the Kitchen-Aid mixer that belonged to Brian's grandmother, Maw.  I am so excited!  I can't wait to mix stuff.  You know you are getting older when appliances are this exciting.

This year I also attempted to make cinnamon popcorn for the first time.  It turned out pretty tasty....a little stickier than I hoped but not bad.

I also made caramel corn by myself for the first time.  I haven't made caramel corn since I used to help my Mammaw make it every year.  Again, it was a little stickier than hers always was, not sure what I was doing differently.  I'll have to keep working on it.




Lola and Jack fell asleep on the couch like this....so sweet.

No comments: